Monday, July 13, 2009

Norvan Falls (07.12.09)

at Norvan Falls.

Yesterday the VSO played their annual concert in the park at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby, so Rich was tied up all day after church. Yay for work!! LOL I have gone to these concerts in the past, & I much prefer the concert hall setting to see the Symphony, so I had a free afternoon/evening.

I’ve been itching to do some hiking in our local hills, and since I would be hiking alone, I chose to do a hike I’ve done before in a location that would have people. I decided to head up to the Lynn Headwaters to tackle the Norvan Falls hike.

One thing I’ve noticed since I’ve been tracking my trail miles, is that every resource you read about the same hike lists a different length. The length of Norvan Falls ranges anywhere from 11.8 km on the park map & kiosk, 13.5 km in our Dawn Hanna book, to 14 km on the Vancouver Trails website (Norvan Falls hike link, above). My policy is to take the longest length I can find, LOL. Since it took me the same amt of time to walk from the car to the trailhead as it did to walk a km, I added a km each way to the distance, making it 16 km, or 10 miles. Four hours from the time I left the car to the time I got back to the car. Including my stop at the falls. Whew! No wonder I was tired when I got home!

So, I’m up to 47.25 miles this summer, w/ 102.75 to go before Labour Day. Gulp. Wish the snow would melt at Mt Baker. I really wanna head up there for the Chain Lakes loop!

1 comment:

  1. My, my....you are the trail blazer! I have a hard enough time walking from the kitchen to the exercise bike, only to look at it and say "nah, not today". Good for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete